Salt, Shake, Serve, Swish
Make it a summer to remember with a Spicy Blood Orange Margarita.
- 15ml Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
- 45ml Blanco or Silver Tequila
- 30ml blood orange juice
- 30ml fresh lime juice (plus lime wedges to rim glasses)
- 1tsp light agave nectar or simple syrup (optional)
- 1 tiny drop of pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Piquant flaming cocktail salt (or make your own)
- 2-4 jalapeño slices, depending how spicy you like it
- Sliced blood oranges for garnish
Put the piquant cocktail salt on a small plate. Run the lime wedge around the rim of the martini glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend. Add ice cubes to your glass and set aside.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in Blood Orange Liqueur, blood orange juice, tequila, agave nectar and vanilla extract (if using). Shake, shake, shake for 30 seconds.
Strain over ice in the salt-rimmed Fenton & Fenton Martini Glass.
Finish and garnish with 2-4 jalapeño slices, depending how spicy you like it and garnish with thinly sliced blood orange.